At Calvary Community Church,
we are committed to loving God and passionately reaching into the world with the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, by encouraging one another to know Him and serve Him.
For more than a hundred years, men, women, and children have given their time, talents, energy, and resources to ensure the ongoing ministry of Calvary Community Church - and countless souls have been won through those who have ministered here.
In 2021, we will celebrate our centennial, remembering that our heritage and our hope is Jesus.
- 1891 The church began as the Free Evangelical Lutheran Church on the corner of Geneva and Williams Streets in Williams Bay, with services conducted in Swedish.
- 1921 The church reorganized as the Williams Bay Free Mission Church. The building was enlarged and dedicated in July - we number our years from this event.
- 1922 The name of the church was changed to Gospel Tabernacle. Soon, services would be conducted in English, with Swedish services held only on Sunday afternoons.
- 1961 The church name was changed to Calvary Community Church.
- 1971 The church voted to relocate to a larger site, selecting a five-acre tract of land at the corner of Highway 50 and Harris Road, a generous gift from Mr. Paul Brandel.
- 1973 With great procession, the church relocated to the new site in July.
- 1985 Ground was broken for a 25,000 sq. ft., 2-story education and gym addition.
- 2015 A major renovation of the now more than 40-year-old structure was completed.
- 2021 Centennial of Calvary Community Church!
Located in Williams Bay, at the corner of Highway 50 and Harris Road, Calvary Community Church (Evangelical Free Church of America) has served the people of Walworth County, proclaiming Christ and the gospel, since 1921. Sunday worship services, Bible studies, midweek activities, and programs for all ages are available.
Whoever you are and whatever you are going through, you are important to God and to us. God never intended for us to walk life's journey alone. At Calvary Community Church, we are family. We seek to have God reveal Himself in every situation as we journey together. Our goal is that each of us will engage with God in such a way that His love and the love of His Son overwhelm us and change us into the people He wants us to be!